Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

a couple of nights ago when got up up from sitting my right

a couple of nights ago when got up up from sitting my right groin rwally highn up on panty line really hurt.went away for a couple of days but has come back sonetime s when walking it hrts sometimes when i bend to feed cat or turn over in bed or just just after sitting,have bben taking pain kilers. could it just be a groin strain and nothing to worry about would love to know
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.

Dear evalou,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

What is the exact location of pain?

any associated fever, abdomen pain, discharge, vomitting?

did you consult a doctor yet?

is the pain present all the time or sometime?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no fever .abdominal pain or discharge.pain mostly on movement like walking up stairs bending havent seen a doctor
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 6 years ago.

Dear evalou,

Thank you for the information,

There are some common causes of such right side pain in the groin and lower abdomen.The common ones are ovarian cyst, pelvic infection , colitis, appendicitis, enteritis, kidney stones, hernia, muscle pull etc.

As per the symptoms the chances of infectious cause may be ruled out first.The colitis, diverticulitis etc may commonly cause such lower right side pain in the region. The treatment is use of antibiotic and analgesic drugs for a period of 7-10 days.

The other possibility could be related to ovarian cyst or salpingitis which may also cause such pain in the region.The appendicitis is also associated with such pain and should be ruled out.

You may have the relevant investigations done like sonography, blood counts, colonoscopy, etc after consulting your doctor/gastroenterologist fo your symptoms persis and do not improve.

The treatment depend son the underlying cause.

Here is the link for more information

causes of lower right abdomen pain

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!