How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Due to depression and medication, for a few years I have slept

Customer Question

Due to depression and medication, for a few years I have slept all day and most of the night causing an unintentional starvation diet. Now my system is totally out of whack. An endocrinologist has told me this and that I am extremely sensitive to carbohydrates. I do not want surgery. I managed to lose 150 lbs before without it by following the book Protein Power. Who do I see to help me regulate my system because everything I eat turns to fat and I have now gained even more weight than what I lost before. I can hardly walk. Will insurance pay for a regular doctor? My normal weight should be about 145 lbs and I weight close to 300 lbs.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

You should see your regular doctor and a detician as well. You coud get a referral for a dietician from your regular doctor. I don't think there should be any problems with insurance but you need to find that out from your insurance company. Thanks.





Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.