Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)

feeling of pressure all around my head and forehead..headache

Customer Question

Hello I have a feeling of pressure all around my head and forehead. It started slowly from the forehead and works it's why to the sides. Can this be a tension headache
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

The possibilities include -

Tension headache

refractive error

any infection like sinusitis or even gastro-intestinal infection etc.

The list is very vast. If it not regular and happens only occasionally you can releive it with tylenol. If you are having recurrent attacks or it is very severe then you need to see a doctor to get investigated. (A CT scan may have to be done). Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been getting these type of headaches of and on. I do have gerd and take prilosec for it. Also 2 months I did do a ct scan and everything came out negative. Should I worry for these headace tho

I would advise you to rule out a refractive error and glaucoma as well by visiting an ophthalmologist. Headache is acommon side effect of Prilosec. So, you should ask your doctor for it's substituton. If it improves with that then you may not go to an ophthalmologist. Thanks.