Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)

Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin If no, why not My

Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin? If no, why not? My Doctor said it just might slow down the healing process, and I am invited to 3 parties, and am not driving. I have not had a drink in weeks. Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

There are no particular side effects to drinking alcohol with amoxycillin. Since amoxycillin may cause dizziness and alcohol also does the same, this effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol. Apart from that both can cause diarrhea, it can sometimes be difficult to tell which side effects are which. Other than that I am not aware of any other interaction. You should check out with your doctor as he knows the best about you. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.