A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

i was told that i had a questional level when i had blood work

i was told that i had a questional level when i had blood work done with my cpk. i had a ekg in sept. and it showed a cardiac infarction. but after several tests they couldn't find anything wrong. my arthritus dr. found the levels in my cpk to be of question. what is it and what do i need to do.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. CPK stands for creatine phosphokinase. It is an enzyme that is found in skeletal muscle tissues, the brain, and the heart. Very high levels of it in a blood test could mean that someone has had heart inflammation, stroke, heart attack or that they have underactive or overactive thyroid or muscle damage (rhabdomyolysis), perhaps from medications like statins for high cholesterol. It is a fairly non-specific test and your doctor will need to determine if the level is significant what it means in your case.