Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

iv got funny spots on virgina. they arent sore, but there is

iv got funny spots on virgina. they arent sore, but there is a few on the outside and quite a few on the inside. is this an sti?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Hi there

Can you describe these spots?

Do they itch, sting, burn, or look like blisters?

Are you having any discharge?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
they arent itchy, or nothing like that, my boyfriend was the one to notice them. they are the same colour as my virgina skin and they are just little risen spots

Ok, thanks

Usually genital herpes will look like blisters, will itch/burn/ooze, and will often be bothersome. However, in your case, with only the appearance of the bumps and being the same color as the skin, this sounds more consistant with genital warts (in the beginning stages).

Genital warts can be passed (just as any warts can be) via oral sex, anal sex, and vaginal sex , so you will need to continue to use condoms (barrier protection) and tell your partner that the possibility exist that this is what is going on. You will also need to see your OB/GYN to get a confirmed diagnosis as well (as I cannot see the area). They can give you some cream to help shrink the spots and hopefully this is all you will need. However, sometimes, if the warts become large, surgical intervention is needed to remove them.

PLEASE NOTE: The $$$ that you have put down as a deposit will not go to me until you click "ACCEPT" after reading your answer. Otherwise, it will be held by and I will not receive credit for my time and efforts.

Please ask for clarification if needed.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank you. will book a doctors appointment tomorrow!