Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

im having chest pains with nausea dizziness lightheaded andmy

Customer Question

im having chest pains with nausea dizziness lightheaded andmy ears have beenitching and hurting internally for a few weeks. should iseek medical attention asap?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.

Dear jessi,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

What is the exact location of ear pain?

what are the drugs you are taking?

did you consult a doctor yet?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im currently taking promethazine but i only take it like twice or 3 txs a wk also zantac 150 twice a day my right ear hurts more then the left no i havent talked to my doctor yet because im away from home the dizziness scares me as well as the ear pain but i think it from me smoking
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.

Dear jessi,

Thank you for the information,

There are some common causes of such ear pain.The common ones are mastoiditis, middle ear infection, petrositis, sinusitis, etc.

The associated chest pain with nausea and dizziness may be due to the chest infection and should be ruled out.

Since you are having these symptoms for the past few weeks so you should have the relevant investigations done like chest x-ray, ct scan brain, blood counts, etc. after consulting your doctor to know the associated abnormality.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.The analgesics like motrin, advil, tylenol may help in controlling the pain and inflammation.The antibiotics may be needs to control the associated bacterial infection if any.The other causes should also be ruled out.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its wierd, like my chest has only been hurting for a few days and my ear started off itching real bad inside on both sides but i figured it came from the smoke from my cigarettes, but the constant nausea and now this chest pain on my left side by my heart is bothering me and making me nervous, im trying to quit smoking but its hard, i think thes cigarettes are my biggest problem, im extremely dizzy as well doing just the slightest thing makes me want to fall out and even sitting still its feels like im going to tip over.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.

Dear jessi,

thank you for the information,

The associated chest pain may be related to chest infection, unstable angina, myocardial iscahemia, costochondritis, etc.

Since you are also a known smoker so you should rule out the cardiac cause as well which may also cause such chest pain.The relevant investigations like ekg, 2d echo of heart and exercise treadmill test will help us in knowing the associated abnormality.

The other causes should also be ruled out.The treatment depends on the underlying cause.Meanwhile you may take the pain killers and avoid smoking to ease the symptoms.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok so is the dizziness associated with my meds and could the chest pain come from gas and what would cause my ears to itch and hurt?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.

Dear jessi,

Theer may be two simultaneous different medical conditions goin on as well.The ear pain and dizziness may be related to meedle ear disease, labyranthitis, petrosistis, etc. which may cause such ear pain, headache, dizziness, etc as the symptoms.

The other conditions is the chest pain which may be due to the lung infection or related to the cardiac cause.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

thank you!