Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics

i have a stinging sensation anywhere on my body like an ant

i have a stinging sensation anywhere on my body like an ant stings, me ears elboes, feet legs can all be affected, its like one will bite then my leg then il get one on my elbow,then ear i have no sign of bites or marks i also get tingling and pins and needles as well please can u help, my doctor think its anxiety and put me on beta blockers but that hasnt worked
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

Hello Archy,

Since when this is happening?

Do you have any other symptoms which you would like to mention?

Are you suffering from or have suffered from any medical / Psychiatric disease?

Currently taking or have taken any medicines in past?

What could be the reason for this according to you, are you 100 % sure that there are some insects / ants who are doing this to you but are not visible to others?

Have you consulted a Dermatologist (Skin specialist) for this problem of yours and if yes what was the diagnosis?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi im not on any other meds, have been like this for over 3 months, def no insects involved, just tingling and stinging, like an ant bite in various parts of body and tingling in habds and feet, no other symptoms, could this be stress anxiety related or something like ms?
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

Hello archy,

Apologies for the delay. In your case, I am not sure if peripheral neuropathy has been ruled out or not? These types of symptoms are also frequently reported by patients of peripheral neuropathy. In sensory type of Peripheral neuropathy nerves that carry sensations (sensory) are affected.

You can find more about the symptoms and the disease in the link given below.

Peripheral neuropathy symptoms

In my view, you should consult a neurologist / Physician for proper diagnosis. Psychiatric disease / disorders can be diagnosed only when all the medical causes have been ruled out.

If you have any related query, please feel free to ask.