Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

I;m 64 and as I had sex with my spouse today I had a scare

I;m 64 and as I had sex with my spouse today I had a scare when as i Ejactulated it was mixed with very thick dark blood, I had this happen once before and had a doctor do a verology chek on me but as it happens with my age group the further apart the sex act is the more often this happens. Now is this a bad sign blood in my sperm or is this caued by not using it enough? But then I'm also a type 2 diabetic and I'm also over weight and have HPB.

Are you having any burning with urination?
Difficulty urinating?
Do you get up at night to urinate? If so, how many times?
Have you ever been diagnosed with prostate problems?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I had a check up with the VA just last month, I have not had sex in over 3 months

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
even masterbation take's a long time to achvee
Let me reassure you that most of the time, blood in the semen does not have any serious underlying cause. In fact, often no cause can be identified.

But it does warrant a visit to your doctor. It can indicate an infection of the prostate or urinary tract so your doctor will need to do a urinalysis.

Your doctor may also need to do a prostate exam and a PSA test if you have not had this done in the past year.

The blood in the semen is probably not due to the length of time in between sexual activity. This has not been shown to be a cause.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my answer, please remember to click accept. Thank you!