Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

bacterial..I continue to have some nasal and forehead pain/pressure

I have been on antibiotics for a bacterial sinus infection. Within the first couple of days, my fever and symptoms were gone. The fever is still gone and my energy level is pretty good, however, I continue to have some nasal and forehead pain/pressure. My workplace is now being cleaned for various dust and mold that were discovered. I am still on the antibiotics but I am not sure if they are working since I'm experiencing the sinus symptoms. Is it possible that the infection is gone and I'm experiencing sinus pain/pressure from the dust/particles that I had been exposed to even though I've been out of that environment for a day or so?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.

Greetings.

This is likely to be allergic phenomenon due to dust / molds which can linger on for 48-72 hours after exposure. A cardinal sign of the bacterial sinusitis is fever which has not recurred and most of the other symptoms have been also abated. Your sinus symptoms should also go in couple of day. You may take an antiallergic, if you are not on one, already.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun