Doctor Mark
Doctor Mark, Doctor
Experience:  board certified in Internal Medicine. Over 30 years of geriatric and primary care experience
19706630

Diagnosed with PACs and hypertension. Been having PACs every

Customer Question

Diagnosed with PACs and hypertension. Been having PACs every day now for about 2 years, up until a week ago when I got what appeared to be a bacterial infection (head congestion/mild chest congestion). I was fine and able to go to work, just letting my body beat the infection. By the 3rd day I was feeling much better and just sitting in a meeting at work when I suddenly got this strange sensation. It is difficult to describe, and comes on slow, covering my whole body. I can feel a mild tightness in my chest when it's happening (but no pain). When it's over my legs feel as if they just recovered from falling asleep (when you sit on your leg for too long). I figured it was just nausea with the infection I had, but I have been over this cold for a good 4 or 5 days now and it's still happening.

Note: This week my doc also recently discovered a varicose vein in my left leg with 2 weakened valves.

What is this strange sensation and why would my PACs suddenly stop?? Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor Mark replied 7 years ago.
PACs are benign and more a nuisance than anything serious. They come and go. No treatment is needed for them unless they are annoying. We all get some PACS.
The varicose vein is a common problem, and if it's not painful or clotted, nothing is done about it.