Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

I was pregnent 3 years ago, howevere I had a miscarraige and

I was pregnent 3 years ago, howevere I had a miscarraige and ever since then I have been getting skin tags on my genitals. I have heard they are hereditary but, I dont know what to do about them, what can i do ?

Are you certain they are skin tags?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have looked everything up and that is the only thing that they could be i have seen pictures and that is exactly what they look like. My father, grandfather and uncle all have them. But i have spent alot of time looking this stuff up.
Ok, they are pretty easy to diagnose but occasionally genital warts will look similar to skin tags.
Skin tags definitely occur in the genital area though, so your diagnosis is likely correct since you have a family history.

They tend to develop in areas of friction....
There is nothing you can do to prevent them, unfortunately.
You can have your doctor remove them. It is a simple procedure to do. If the have a small "stalk" of skin, they can simply be snipped off. If the stalk is thicker, then the area needs to be numbed up first.
Most of the time, multiple skin tags can be removed at a time.
You will probably get more though, although not necessarily in the exact same spot.

Try to wear loose clothing but that is all you can do. It is in your genes.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my answer please remember to click accept. Thank you!