Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

i have a lump on one of my testicles. What is it likely to

i have a lump on one of my testicles. What is it likely to be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 7 years ago.

Have you had an ultrasound?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No it has never been suggested. I am more curious as to what it would feel like if it is cancer?
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 7 years ago.
Well, testicular cancer feels like a painless lump in the testicle. It is not movable and is not separate from the testicle.

The benign cysts are separate from the testicle (in the epididymis) or above or below the testicle (spermatoceles). These are freely movable.

We can also use transillumination, where we hold up a light to the scrotum. If the area lets light pass through, it is a cyst. If it does not, it is solid and more suspicious.

Testicular cancer more commonly occurs in men in their 20's and 30's.

A testicular ultrasound can differentiate between them easily, so if there is any doubt, ask your doctor to order one.

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my answer, please remember to click accept. Thank you!