Doctor Mark
Doctor Mark, Doctor
Experience:  board certified in Internal Medicine. Over 30 years of geriatric and primary care experience

eye exam..detection of some early stage of mascular degeneration

June 2009 annual eye exam. Dr. advised detection of some early stage of mascular degeneration. Perscribed PreserVision eye vitamin with Luten ( I do not smoke). Take 2 daily come back in a year and this should take care of it. Do I need to see a specialist?

Errol Hall
Texarkana Texas
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor Mark replied 7 years ago.
Lutein is fine for your condition. There are 2 types of mac. degeneration. The wet and the dry kind. You need to see a retinal specialist as they are the experts in macular degeneration. The wet type is treated with shots. I would see a retinal opthalmologist as soon as possible as loss of vision is common with macular degeneration.