Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist

24 yr old white Female having green stools and having off/on

24 yr old white Female having green stools and having off/on back pain for two weeks. Have changed my diet thinking it was something I ate, nothing changed. I also have felt lack of energy as well. Have add more fiber to diet to try to help so, that could be the cause of back pain. What could this be and what kind of doctor do I need to see a PCP or Gastro doc? Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 7 years ago.

Have you lifted weights / hurt your back ?

Where is the pain located ?

Does this pain increase on bowel movement / exercise ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Lower left side. I think it might be the added fiber?? Maybe. I haven't strained my back in any way.
No the pain is off and on not increasing or decreasing during or after bowel movement or exercise. I do have bad indigestion (have had it for the last 5 years) I usually drink Maalox but since the green (diarrhea at times) stools I haven't had any Maalox thinking it might have something in it causing the green stool.

This pain and green stools can be from a Gastroenteritis and the indigestion.

You can see your PCP and have a Stool Test to look for an infection, treating this should be able to cure your symptoms.

Kind Regards,

P.S. Please click *** ACCEPT *** if you are satisfied, otherwise I do not get paid for my work and JustAnswer holds your Deposit.