Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

My last normal period was Aug 7-14th..pregnant

My last normal period was Aug 7-14th. On Sept 10th i had my period but it only lasted through the 13th. Could I be pregnant? When should I be able to test and get a positive result?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 7 years ago.

Are your periods usually very regular and seven days long?
Have you done a test yet?
Are you trying to get pregnant?

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes my periods are always 7 days. I have never had a short period. I have not taken a test I dont know if it would be too soon. Yes actually I am trying to get pregnant. My husband just came home from Africa on Aug.12 and we are trying
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 7 years ago.
Since it was an abnormal period for you, then you can do a test now.
The bleeding that you had could signal implantation bleeding which usually occurs around the time that you would expect your normal period to occur.

Home pregnancy tests are most acccurate 7 days after your "missed" period (the first day after your missed period). So it should be pretty accurate now.

I would check it on your first morning urine, when the pregnancy hormone is most concentrated.

Good luck!

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my answer, please remember to click accept. Thank you!