Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

My baby has developed a cough most of the time she lies down

My baby has developed a cough most of the time she lies down to sleep. Its only started 3 days ago and is teething. She seems to be producing a lot of drool, and I was just wondering if this could be the cause of the cough. She hasn't displayed any signs of a cold eg runny nose fever. Also is there anything we can be doing to ease this.

Yes the drooling could be the cause. When she is lying down it must be trickling to the back of her throat and the irritation must be causing her to cough.

It would help to put a pillow under her head, or try putting her to sleep in your arms and then making her lie down.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Please click ACCEPT so that i get paid for my work. A bonus would be appreciated.

Regards.