Mel., Nurse
Experience:  Qualified in 1977,have extensive coronary care & general experience,plus stress related conditions.

my back,hips,backs of my legs,elbows,neck,hands and feet,head aches

I have full body pain in my back,hips,backs of my legs,elbows,neck,hands and feet,head aches recently,have tried accupunture,physio,chiroprater,and now orthapathic,should I ask my doctor for a mri,as this has been an on going thing for a few years and is getting worse,Im at my wits end,it effects my sleeping and physical exersice.Im 50ys of age
Category: Health
Expert:  Mel. replied 7 years ago.

Hello Charlee,

Welcome to Just Answer.

I think you may have a condition called spinal stenosis which is when the spinal canal bvecomes narrowed squashing the nerves which control movement and sensation in the body.

An MRI would be a good idea but I would advise you to see a neurologist who deals with this type of thing all the time and get whichever tests he feels you need, done through him.

I do hope this helps and I hope you get this sorted out very soon so that you can get back to being painnfree.

With my very best wishes