Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I had laproscopic gall bladder surgery 6 days ago, I dont

I had laproscopic gall bladder surgery 6 days ago, I don't have a problem
with my diet because I am on a low fat diet for my heart. I have been
drinking skim milk a couple times a day and eat whole wheat bread once a day.
I have been having pain on the right side of my abdomin by the incision and
some pain at other sites, my abdomin is soft not ridgid. What could be
causing this pain?

Are you having normal bowel movements?

Any vomiting?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was constapated but took stool softner am regular now and have no vomiting.

Ok thanks

Pain directly at the sites of Laparoscopic is normal your first week or two. The nerves are having to reconnect and also you have small internal burns where they cauterized after taking out the gallbladder. So, some tenderness and discomfort is normal. You might also have noticed that you had a great deal of gas ( or a bloated feeling) after your surgery and this is normal as well. Some patients will even experience bruising from the surgery.

Things to look for as you have already noted is a distended, hard abdomen, pain that above the level that it has been at since you came home, persistant vomiting, fever, syncope (or a fainting feeling), bloody diarrhea, or any new symptoms that arise. In this case, you would need to have the surgeon paged that did your surgery and possibly meet him/her for a check up.

Otherwise, try to give it a little more time. Your abdomen had encountered quite a bit of trauma...but in the long run, you will feel better soon (especially if your gallbladder was causing you some real horrible pain or symptoms before you had it removed).

Good luck and hope you feel better soon!

PLEASE NOTE: The $$$ that you have put down as a deposit will not go to me until you click "ACCEPT" after reading your answer. Otherwise, it will be held by and I will not receive credit for my time and efforts.

Please ask for clarification if needed.

Thank you!