Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

body aches and fever running between 101 and as high as 104.7.

My daughter has had flu symptoms for about 5 days now.. She has body aches and fever running between 101 and as high as 104.7. She is 18 years old. She has not eaten anything for 5 days and is now thirsty but unable to quench that thirst..
This is something for which it would be est to consult the doctor.

Flu symptoms can usually be treated at home, but it is medically recommended that the doctor should be consulted if fever is more than 102 degrees F.

Hence your daughter fits the recommendation for a medical consultation and should consult a doctor.

Meanwhile, you are doing the correct things by treating her with rest, fluids, tylenol and gatorade, these are the mainstay of treatment.

If she feels her thirst is not quenched by fluids, then she could be suffering from dehydration. She should drink a lot of fluids, not just water but gatorade, fruit juices, etc.

In particular , she should pay attention to her urine, it should be watery and not high coloured.

Also, you should consult your doctor.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.