Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I am a female. 47 years old. I was driving our seadoo this

Customer Question

I am a female. 47 years old. I was driving our seadoo this summer and believe that I pulled something in my left arm. I still have pain that is mostly in my elbow. The more I use my arm the more pain I have, to the point where I can hardly pick up anything with my left arm alone. Making a fist causes pain in my elbow. Do you think it could be tendonitis? If so what should I do to help make it better? Thank you for your time in this matter. Teresa Rypstra
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 7 years ago.

How long has it been since the pain started?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The pain started around august 15th when I was riding the seadoo. The lake was rough that day and so was much more difficult to hang onto the seadoo. Going over the waves also jerked my arms. I have pain everyday all day long in and around my elbow. After working all day it causes me more pain to straighten my arm out. I also put ice on my elbow at night. It helps a little, but the pain does not go away. The pain is towards the upper part of my elbow. Using or stretching my elbow causes more pain.

Thanks, Teresa

Try the following measures they would help - take an oral pain relief medication like ibuprofen,, try some warm compresses over the site, avoid lifting heavy weights, drink plenty of fluids, apply some local pain relief medications, rest.

If it persists you would need to see your doctor for a clinical examination.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Please click ACCEPT so that i get paid for my work. A bonus would be appreciated.

Regards.