Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a recurring scab that develops on the same part of my

I have a recurring scab that develops on the same part of my penis every so often. It seems to be on the line where my circumcision took place and just over a varicose vein. It is never painful, but will develop like a tiny blood blister that is under my skin and then dry-out - slowly rising to the surface where I am able to remove a hard dried blood like material. Kinda weird and I am unable to find anything similar on the web. I worries me a little, but has been happening for the last 6-7 years in the same spot, so in my minds eye - I have ruled it out as an STD- maybe I’m wrong. Also I am a carrier of HPV and am wondering if my body will ever get rid of HPV completely. could HPV cause the thing on my penis?
Yes, this does seem like HPV.

You should consult your doctor for this. HPV lesions can be burned off.

HPV is believed to stay in the body lifelong once it infects the body. But the majority of people will not develop warts after two years or so as their immunological systems become capable of suppressing the virus.

Since you have only one spot, it is likely that you are already capable of keeping it suppressed. Burning off ( or rather, freezing it off with cryosurgery) will get rid of this spot and you are unlikely to have a recurrence.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is not like a wart though. and will I give HPV to any girl I sleep with unprotected?
HPV has many strains and sometimes it may not produce the typical wart.

Also, if it is a wart, then you can transmit it to a girlfriend if unprotected. Transmission is not believed to occur when there is no visible lesions.

It would be best to get it checked up and treated which is a fairly simple procedure. Diagnosis is fairly straight forward and mainly depends on a visual check. You will get relief from the tension.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I recently had sex with a sexual partner unprotected is it possible that she can recieve the hpv preventative to keep her from getting it? or is it already to late? Last question I promise
No, I am afraid the vaccine is only preventive, and will not work after exposure.

But you should wait till you get it examined. Other possible conditions are a pressure ulcer over the vein which is non-healing and a cherry angioma.

An examination by a doctor is necessary to get a diagnosis. Usually a simple visual inspection will be sufficient to get a diagnosis.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you for your help. I will press accept now, but can you tell me what percentage of people in the U.S have HPV? I heard it was alot.
Approximately 20 million people are currently infected with HPV. At least 50 percent of sexually active men and women acquire genital HPV infection at some point.