Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

My feet hurt so bad i can barely walk

My feet hurt so bad i can barely walk
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 years ago.

Greetings.

Where is the exact location of the pain on feet?

Is the pain in early morning when you get out from your bed or when you get up from chair after sitting for some time?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is the ball of my feet. Very difficult to get up in the morning and very difficult to get up after sitting. By the end of the day my feet are both swollen. Can barely wear any type of shoes

The conditions to consider for your pain are;

1) Achilles tendinitis

2) Retrocalcaneal bursitis

3) Plantar fasciitis

4) Calcaneal periostitis

5) Calcaneal spurs

A combination of above is also a possibility.

The treatment is almost same for all these conditions with the minor variations. Following may help you;

1) Moist heat or ice compresses; whatever suits you

2) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen

3) Local analgesic ointment /spray

4) Physical therapy

5) Deep electrotherapy like iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation etc.

6) Consideration of steroid shot

7) Shock wave therapy

8) Custom-fabricated inserts

There is a new therapy called as autologous blood injection in which your own blood is injected at the pain site, is said to be quite effective. Shock wave therapy is available in sport medicine clinics or physical therapy clinics. This too is suppose to help in the resistant cases.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is foot pain also known to accompany conditions where people are diagnosed with hypothyroid and if so, what causes the discomfort.

Hypothyroidism can cause musculoskeletal (muscle and joint) pains. This is due to fluid collection (termed as edema) in these tissues, responsible for pain.

I hope this was helpful to you. If it was, please remember to ACCEPT the answer so I can get compensated for my work. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I am truly privileged to help you, and I want to make sure that you are satisfied with the answer. Good luck!

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it common to have foot pain associated with hypothyroidism?

Foot pain are common with hypothyroidism. Plantar fasciitis, retrocalcaneal bursitis and Achilles tendonitis have been known to be associated with the hypothyroidism.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine