Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

The top of my feet burn, and I dont know what is happening

The top of my feet burn, and I don't know what is happening? I checked my sugar with my dad's diabetis equipment and it was ok?
About a year an a half ago one Dr suggested it maybe Thyroid? But it was ok at the time. The burning is much worse!
If I sit along time I get up and move.
I was hit by a car several years-2007 of May, and ended up with a pinched nerve? I am trying to figure out what is wrong with me? And I pay for my doctors visits, and do not have insurance---but will get some soon. Please advise. What type of test to get?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 4 years ago.
Hello
This condition is called Burning foot syndrome.Other then diabtes,the causes are:irritating fabrics,fungal infections,if you are on your feet all day or are overweight,certain types of neuropathy (nerve damage) like chronic alcoholism, vitamin deficiencies (usually B),certain kidney & liver diseases or hormone dysfunction. You need blood tests & scan for various causes to rule out them,to know the exact cause.
Following will help:Soak your feet in cool water - do not use ice. After walking,immediately change out of your shoes and socks, allowing the shoes to dry. I suggest you to see your doctor & take treatment accordingly.
Regards
Dr.Charles.
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I noticed when I go to the gym it seems to help. But this does not make sense? Why are they burning? I will go to get blood drawn again, but this does not make sense? What about thyroid? What did you think of that, or what about the accident with pinched nerve in neck, can that affect your feet?
The diagnosis can only be made after your blood tests. Thyroid hormone is a common cause of burning feet,but you had a normal test,so it is ruled out. It doesnot seem that it can be due to pinched nerve of back that you had a year an a half ago.Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor & treat accordingly.

Regards
Dr.Charles.
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist