Dr.Chan
Dr.Chan, Physician
Experience:  Practicing Medicine and Surgery since 1992
17282639

This all happened at once My soon to be 29 year old moved

This all happened at once: My soon to be 29 year old moved back home---heart broken after a break up with fiance. He is also currently unemployed. I am an artist and art instructor at local college, and most of my work is in my home. My son is welcome, it just is hard.

My husband got a phone call with the news that his 54 year old brother is dying---has only weeks to live.

I have a severe toothache, and no dental insurance. Husband's hours at work has just been cut for the second time in 4 months. We live in a small town where there are no other jobs.

A phone call just came with the news that my father-in-law is in the hospital---heart attack. He also has been told that he may have pancreatic cancer. My husband will be going to see his brother and father in a week. (They live in another state.) To do this, we have to borrow the money from my mother.

How does one handle so much stress?? It has all hit at once, and I am afraid of what else is coming. It has to get better.

HelloCustomer

I am sorry to hear of all your bad news. Stress is indeed a cause of many illnesses and you have to acknowledge and treat it.

The prevailing thoughts seem to point to medications for stress and depression.

However, there is a better way. Seek out those in your life who are your spiritual leaders and teachers (pastors, Sunday school teachers, friends). Talk with them about these issues. I believe that there is a spiritual battle that we cannot see. The Devil is very cunning in using many things to wear you down. He wears you down physically and emotionally first, and then gets you spiritually. Keep in mind that Jesus has already conquered the Devil and is ready to help you. All you have to do is to reach out to Him and claim that victory. You can do all things in Christ, who strengthens you. Pray to Him for peace and guidance and you can get through all of this. Don't let the Devil discourage you.

God bless and thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. You are right. There are times when only turning to Christ is the only way. This I must remember. Thank you again.

You're welcome.

I will pray for you.

God bless.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Dr. Chan,

The past 3 weeks, since my son moved back home, we have been watching the 700 Club on t.v. My son and I attended church regularly 5 years ago (for about a year) when my son was battling an addiction to gambling. (Which he is doing very well with now. He is going on 3 years without placing a bet.) It helped him (and me) tremendously to go to church every Sunday. Our pastor was a big help for us. (Husband could not go because of work.) Not sure we will return to the church, as it is 2 hours away, where my son used to live. But, will look for one in our town. Or perhaps turn to the shows on t.v. we like (700 Club, and Joyce Meyer) and pick up the Bible.

Just wanted to thank you again.

You're welcome.

I don't know if you have cable or not; but there is a show called Way of the Master that is very good and encouraging. Also on the radio, I enjoy listening to the late Dr. AdrXXXXX XXXXX. He is such a blessing.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX! I will look into these. You have made me feel so much better. I have one more question for you: should I decide to go to this (justanswer.com) site again with a question, would I be able to request you?
Yes ma'am. You can just ask for me by name in your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will! Have a great day!

Til next time :)