How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Pauline Your Own Question
Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8631
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Pauline is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Dr. Instead of ED for men I have PE, prematture ejaculation

Resolved Question:

Dear Dr. Instead of ED for men I have PE, prematture ejaculation. I know there is a drug called Dapoxetine Hydrochloride that is being developed, that was started many years ago, what is its status and what other things can be done to counter act this problem? I have tried many things over the years but nothing is working, in the meantime mine, and my wifes sex life is suffering ie, none at all!! Thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

At the moment although the drug has approval in some European countries, it is still being evaluated for safety and efficacy by FDA in USA. It will take a number of years before the product will be available for prescribing in USA.


At the moment, you will only have access to topical numbing agents and psychological counselling to see if this can help in the short term.

Pauline and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you