Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Dear Dr. Instead of ED for men I have PE, prematture ejaculation

Dear Dr. Instead of ED for men I have PE, prematture ejaculation. I know there is a drug called Dapoxetine Hydrochloride that is being developed, that was started many years ago, what is its status and what other things can be done to counter act this problem? I have tried many things over the years but nothing is working, in the meantime mine, and my wifes sex life is suffering ie, none at all!! Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Pauline replied 7 years ago.

At the moment although the drug has approval in some European countries, it is still being evaluated for safety and efficacy by FDA in USA. It will take a number of years before the product will be available for prescribing in USA.

At the moment, you will only have access to topical numbing agents and psychological counselling to see if this can help in the short term.