Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

I have constant headaches in the morning when i awake and ongoing

I have constant headaches in the morning when i awake and ongoing thru the day.. This headache worsen when i try to read anything from a pc screen or on paper. I have gone to eye doctors and have gotten glasses but no change with or without
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.

Can you describe your headache a little more? Front, back, sides?

Is this a new headache for you?

Have you had your doctor evaluate this?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the headaches are in the front and sides. this has been a problem for years really it was mainly when i tried to read more than a few short sentences
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.

Is this only related to reading?

Or do you have other activities that worsen the headache?

And has your doctor evaluated this?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i asked my doctor about them a year or so ago he sent my to the eye doctor this was the second time i had gone to the eye doctor but i tried it again this second doctor dialated my eyes but came up with pretty much the same minor prescription the first eye doctor gave me.. As for the activities latley i have the headaches when i wake up and ongoing thru the day they go away somewhat with advil. loud sounds affect them and bright light but reading is the fastest way for me to get the headaches
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.

At this point, it probably would be best to be referred to and evaluated by a neurologist, the specialist that deals with headaches.

They may even want to consider imaging of the brain, as you have had these persistent morning headaches as well.

Unfortunately, it does not appear that the issue is with your vision, or problems with focusing, so further evaluation is necessary.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks for info my wife is urging me to go to the doctor again i just feel like i have been down this road i even went to have an irlen test done they gave me some blue filters to try
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
Yes, sorry we cant be of much help, but evaluation of chronic headaches requires evaluation in person along with further testing.