Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.

i am always tired and snappy i have 4 kids and love them dearly

Customer Question

i am always tired and snappy i have 4 kids and love them dearly but no matter how much sleep i get i am always tired
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.
Are you under a lot of stress?

Do you have any other family members to support you?

On average how many hours of sleep do you get in 24 hours?

Do you take any medications or supplements?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i am under a lot of stress i work on our businesses we have 2 businesses, i only have my partner who work fulltime as a builder 6 days a week i have not had a day without the kids since having my babywho is 4 and a half months old, i get about 4 hours sleep, i dont take any medication
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.
It is clear that your busy daily routine and stress is causing your symptoms, including tiredness and sleep disturbance. There are several options to manage these symptoms. The first step is to manage stress with change in daily routine and taking time off for yourself. Taking a vacation or participating in any recreation activity should help. Also relaxation exercises, yoga and meditation can help. You should also see a therapist as you may benefit from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for stress management. A routine blood tests like CBC may also be done to rule out any nutritional deficiency or anemia.

Ask your partner or any other family member like kid's grandmother to help in taking care of the kids for sometime while you rejuvenate yourself. I understand that you love your kids, but you also need some time just for yourself at least for a few days. You should also take a daily multivitamin like Centrum to help with any possible deficiency.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i find my self comfort eating and unable to get what i need to say to peopleaccross to them i sthis the samae thing?
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 7 years ago.
This may be related to stress, but may also be a sign of depression. So, a therapist consultation is important to find the best treatment for you.