Dr.Dev, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCCS, Post Doctoral Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia and Critical Care Medicine.

I have shortness of breath, shakes, feels like heartburn in

Customer Question

I have shortness of breath, shakes, feels like heartburn in my neck and high blood pressure, fatgue, feel very weak.   I have had these symptons since May 09. I was in the hospital for 6 days. They did many tests on me. Checked heart, blood vessels, chest x-rays, pulmonary, took pictures of esophagus and found nothing. I have leukemia (CML) WHITE blood test 5. In normal range. They said I would just have to learn to live with it because they can't find anything wrong. I was a very active person I am not a hypocondriac. I golfed four times a week and was president of the ladies golf assoc. My age is 67. Please help me. I am now going to a naturpathic dr. Jackie
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Dev replied 7 years ago.

Hello Jackie.

Since gi endoscopy and cardiac status assessment are normal, I do not think you have much reasons to worry.

Regarding the CML, I assume you are not in the blastic phase, since your blood work is normal.

Ruling these factors out, there remains the stress factor as a plausible cause.

Visiting a naturopathy doc could help for toning up the general health..,however, I would advise you to get the blood work done routinely, so that any worsening of CML could be detected at an early stage.

Cardiac Anaesthesiologist

Please press ACCEPT if this answer has been helpful.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have had cml since 1999. my blood count was 109,000 I have been on gleevec since 1999 on trial at OHSU with Dr. Druiker. I am not under stress however they put me on zolof and serax none of these medications has changed anything. jackie