Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I am having moderate to sever pain in my lower ab/pel area.

I am having moderate to sever pain in my lower ab/pel area. I have recentley had a ct scan of my ab/pel w/wo contrast. My appendix shows a 1cm calcific density in the lower right quadrant of my appendix, also I have a low lying cecum likely representing an appndicolith. I woke up this morning with pain i my lower right side and when I went to urinate the smell was awful. I am asking you if you can please advise my couse of acton in relation to tis matter, my PCP does not open for an hour.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
As such you should undergo a urine routine examination to rule out associated urinary tract infection as well .

Appendicoliths can cause problems especially acute appendicitis .

As such based upon your history of right lower quadrant pain it is ideal for you to go to ER ASAP for appropriate treatment .

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
Appendicoliths may be an incidental finding on an abdominal CT but since you have symptoms ( Right lower quadrant ) pain you should be seen at ER .