Dr. David, Doctor
Experience:  Ten years practicing as a licensed family physician.

I am a singer, and have a big show soon. Ive been taking Colloidal

Customer Question

I am a singer, and have a big show soon. I've been taking Colloidal silver to stay well. Can it hurt my voice/throat? And make it dry and coarse. As my voice has been lately and am trying to narrow down the reasons why.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 7 years ago.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not consider colloidal silver products to be generally recognized as safe and effective.

As such excessive intake or absorption of silver, particlarly colloidal silver, can lead to irreversible discoloration of the skin argyria.
There are also case reports of neurologic (nervous system) problems and even heart problems.
For further reading-
So it is advised to avoid such type of products due to lack of established effectiveness and potential toxicity of these products.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already know this information... I would like to know if it dry's out the throat/voice...? and if it could damage it
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 years ago.

I would like to help you with your question about colloidal silver affecting your throat and voice.

I have personal experience using colloidal silver and I know many other people who use it as well. No one has ever reported to me that it has make their throat dry or affected their voice. I can see no reason why it would affect you this way.

The long-term dosage is just a small amount. I like the product Sovereign Silver, and the maintenance dosage for this product is just one teaspoon every other day:

If you want to try an experiment, you can stop taking the colloidal silver for a few days and see if it helps your throat and voice. However, I suspect that the colloidal silver is not your problem.

There are other supplements that can be used for maintaining wellness too.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.