Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
A new question is answered every 9 seconds with a condom (did not mouth and i..extremly

hi a little worried - i had oral sex with a sex worker a couple of days ago - nothing else she performed on my with a condom (did not ejaculate and condom did not break) then for some bizare reason i went down on her, it was only for a max of 1 min. I dont think i have any ulcers etc in my mouth and i have no idea if she has any stds - she was not menstrating at time (or at least that i cd tell) i am extremly worried that i may have cotacted HIV and am looking for some reassurance - i will get tested in 3 mths but its a long wait. your advice is most appreciated.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.

HIV transmission does not occur in this way. Please see this resource;

There is a small chance of HPV and herpes but majority of the people are already exposed to these viruses.

Do not worry.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you Dr Arun i have been worried sick - i have read a lot of websites that say that there is a possibility of contracting HIV in this manner all be it small - there is a risk from women to man but not from man to women regarding oral sex?

either way will not be doing it again.

As you can see the chart (this is an authentic site), man performing oral sex on woman does not have HIV risk. Please do not worry about it.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun