Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

Hi, i have a warm sensation on my left lower leg on the side

Hi, i have a warm sensation on my left lower leg on the side of my calf muscle. It is not painful or anything. Just feels like there is a heater near my leg warming it up. It comes now and then, but lately is coming more often. What is it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 5 years ago.
Is there also redness?
Is there history of trauma?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no , there is no redness. also, no real trama. i do have a problem now and then with sore knees, but this has been with me for a long time. There is a small lump in my side calf, but that has been with me since i was a kid.

My doctor did tell me that I have high levels or uric acid and must becareful of the possibility of gout, so told me to becareful what i eat. I susually exercise now and then, but lately am working from home, so have been less active the the regular guy. My bussiness is on the ineternet.
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 5 years ago.
There are 2 things one is that the one of major blood vessels in leg is getting thrombosis in intitial stages leading to deep vein thrombosis afterwards.It can be checked by doppler ultrasound of leg vessels. Second thing is that one of the nerve supplying the leg has gone hypersensitive dur to damage or irritation in their area of supply.Beacuse of being hypersensitive they are producing such sensations.However more it looks related to the malfunction in blood supply which can be due to stasis of blood in leg due to prolonged sitting.
Regards,
Dr.Naeem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so let me understand, the malfunction in blood supply is the thrombosis that you are mentioning? if so, is this something dangerouse? can it be fixed if it is still in the early stages? for example, If I start moving around more and exercsing, will this reverse it?
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 5 years ago.
Yes deep vein thrombosis is a serious issue with exercsie it can aggravate more leading to swelling of leg and pain.But it can be fixed by medicines at initial stages.Better to get it checked by your GP.Till then taking rest is good or atleast avoiding exercise.
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Medical Doctor,UK