Mel.
Mel., Nurse
Experience:  Qualified in 1977,have extensive coronary care & general experience,plus stress related conditions.
11403612

Is there any cure or treatments for Hydrabentia Supporativa

Is there any cure or treatments for Hydrabentia Supporativa my partner is suffering from it,and it is killing both of us?
Category: Health
Expert:  Mel. replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

To treat infection, antibiotics taken for a long time early in the disease may prevent future outbreaks or prevent the disease from worsening.

To stop oil gland functions and to prevent the plugging of the hair follicle oral retinoid medications can be given.

To reduce pain and swelling nonsteroidal anti inflammatory medication can be given.

.Also corticosteroids or immunosuppressant drugs may help.

For severe or persistent cases or for deep lesions, surgery may be necessary.

Surgical drainage or removal of the lesions may be an option when the disease involves a single small area. However, this treatment won't prevent the disease from returning and is generally used for short-term relief.

Cutting away skin and flesh that cover any tunnels or tracts can increase healing of the lesions and minimize scarring. This doesn't prevent the disease from returning in the treated area or another area of the body, however.

Surgical treatment of recurrent or severe symptoms involves removal of all involved skin followed by direct closure with skin flaps or with skin grafting (removing skin from one area of your body and attaching it to another). Full surgical removal of the affected areas can treat the disease that is present but doesn't prevent the disease from occurring in other areas.

Obesity, incomplete removal and ongoing skin infections can increase the chances that hidradenitis suppurativa returns, even after surgical treatment.

For treatment at home you could try getting from your pharmacy something called inodin dressings. They are small squares soaked in iodiene. If you place an inodiene square over the wound and then cover with gauze or any other form of dressing it could help promote healing. Change the dressing daily.

I hope this helsp and I do wish you well very soon, this is a dreadful thing you are suffering and I am so sorry.

With my very best wishes

Mel.

Mel., Nurse
Experience: Qualified in 1977,have extensive coronary care & general experience,plus stress related conditions.