Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

her back legs wernt workin and she wasent scrached..lot of blood..head

i had a dog that just got hit by a van and she died i keep woundering if she felt lot of pain she got hit and thrown about 15 feet and when i got to her about 1min after it happend she was trying to get up but her back legs wernt workin and she wasent scrached up bad just like two spots and she was trying to throw up but only clear stuff she looked scared so i moved her to my front yard and then she started to throw up lot of blood and she acted like she couldent breath i just wounder if she felt alot of pain she was only 1 year old great dane she was about 100 pounds and it kills me that shes gone i need help to come to turms with this i need to know if she was hurting bad or not i cant get this out of my head please help me.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
As you describe you may be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder which results in your feeling of gulity and sad.
Post-traumatic stress disorder treatment includes both medications and psychotherapy.
Your doctor may prescribe you antidepressant and antianxiety medications.
You should take cognitive behavioural therapy and counselling as well.

I suggest you to consult a Pyschologist for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i just wounder if she felt lots of pain and i dont know how to get over it i cant get it out of my head she was my world what do you think did she hurt and what should i do i feel so lonley and i have a wife and a six month old babe boy but i feel alone and i keep thinkin y it happend?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
As such you can develop post-traumatic stress disorder when you experience or witness an event that causes intense fear, helplessness or horror.
As such you seem to be attatched to your dog and her sudden death has resulted in acute stress on your mind and you are unable to cope up with your loss .
As such you should get enough rest, eat a balanced diet, exercise and take time to relax.
As such you should do brisk walk daily to reduce your stress and calm your mind .
Also you should tend to spend time with your family, friends Sharing time with loved ones can offer healing and comfort.
I suggest you to consult a clinical Pyschologist for counselling as well .