Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP
5101698

major symptom is having to go to the bathroom every 10-15 minutes

if a person from time to time has the following symptoms what could this be pointing to.
this will happen completely out of the blue.... last a few days and then slowly go away
first major symptom is having to go to the bathroom every 10-15 minutes...
when i do go to the bathroom, hardly anything comes out...
on the first day, i will sometimes notice something solid that comes out imediately when i urinate, and then the rest is just urine... this something has the consistency of ??? a small... piece of flem???
usually 1 to 2 mm in length...
when this happens to me, the urine has a VERY strong odor... something along the lines of when a person eats asparagus.... except smells worse...
this will happen from time to time... if a had to put a frequency to it i would say once every 2 or three months...
it seems lately the frequency has gone up...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 5 years ago.
Hi

So you are going more often , passing debris and your urine has a very bad smell?

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes....

i have never thought too much about it.... but since the frequency at which this happens seems to be increasing... i thought i would do some research online...

i could not match up to anything with these symptoms...

the first couple of days are difficult because sleeping is not easy, and usually requires a couple of visits to the bathroom during the night.... this is minimized by not drinking water past 6:00 pm....

i'm guessing that you can not tell me anything without running tests, but just thought i'd give this a try... see what you might think it could be...

Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 5 years ago.
Hi

It is a good history of recurrent urinary tract infections.

This would be unusual in a man and suggests that your bladder may not be emptying properly.

For sure you need to get your urine tested - if this confirms infection you will need treatment plus a urology work up - ultrasound scan and cystoscopy and flow studies.

Dr Jef
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

get a urine test at any time, or only when it has the strong odor???

should i make an appointment wiht a urologist.... or should i make an appointment wiht my insurance designated doctor and she will refer me to a urologist

Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 5 years ago.
Hi

Only when you have a stong odor.

I would suggest that you see whatever Dr you can at the least expense to yourself.

Dr Jef
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS MRCGP