Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)
14102772

severe gas. gall bladder has been removed. Diabetic , hypothroidism,

severe gas. gall bladder has been removed. Diabetic , hypothroidism, turn 60 next birthday, African heritage American. I do not know what has caused uncontrolled gas. embrassed. Ques: what has caused this. Ques: how can I stop it and /or slow it down. Thank you-but please help me.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Severe gas that you are having is very likely to be due to constipation that is present in hypothyroidism. If you are on any medications, that also may be contributing to it. Add fibre in your diet and see an endocrinologist for treatment of hypothyroidism. I hope that helps. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.
I would also like to add that menopause also causes bloating. So, hypothyroidism and menopause both may be responsible. Thanks.