Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

Hello. 6 days ago i stepped off the deck and had a 3 grade

Customer Question

Hello. 6 days ago i stepped off the deck and had a 3 grade ankle sprain. There are no fractured. The swelling has come down alot... however it is very black and blue all over which I expected. My concern at the moment is that I cannot feel my 2 little toes and part of my foot and I am intermittently losing sensation in some of my calf.. its coming and going.. it doesnt hurt, nor is it swollen or hot. I am worried about nerve damage.. What could this be? and should i see the doctor again?? Also my foot feels quite cold since the sprain, but i have good pulses in my foot..
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it would be best to have a checkup.

If the foot feels cold and there is also loss of sensation, this could be an indication that the blood supply to the foot is compromised.

Hence you should have this checked up ASAP.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i was thinking the circulation was ok due to having good pulses in my foot.. but maybe not.. the foot colour is good.. just cold.. and very numb..
With a good pulse, the chance of impaired circulation is less, but it is still very much there. Coldness and numbness needs to be checked up, to be on the safe side.