How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S Your Own Question
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 20863
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

top of my penis..erection, so that the skin would be tightened..vein

Customer Question

Last night in the shower i felt a bumpy section on the top of my penis near the base. In order to get a better look I decided to give myself an erection, so that the skin would be tightened. With this I could see it better and i kind of looks like a vein that is sectioned off. It is about an inch and three quarters long and is tender if I touch it, eithere flacid or erect. What could this be and what can I do about it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.



The condition you are having is likely to be Mondor's disease or superficial thrombophlebitis of vein of the penis. You need to get it confirmed by doctor. Prognosis is usually good. If you feel any pain , you may need analgesics. This usually lasts for 3-4 weeks, but sometimes it can last longer.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.