How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PatriciaRN Your Own Question
PatriciaRN, Nurse
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 534
Experience:  35 years of nursing experience, 2 in ER, 1 at Planned Parenthood clinic
Type Your Health Question Here...
PatriciaRN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would really like to see a great Psychiatrist and could treat

Customer Question

I would really like to see a great Psychiatrist and could treat me both through therapy and wholistically as well as continue my meds if needed. I just moved to Cincinnati for Indianapolis, In. I suffer for Severe Anxiety disorder of which the worse symptom is depersonaliztion - xanax is the only medication that has helped and I've had to take it for about 17 years with the exception of a few times that I weaned myself off but it always comes back. I devloped Narcolpesy about 3 years ago and was finally diagnosed a year ago. After meds did great but starting to backslide. I'm also having depression for the first time over teh past 4 years. Taking meds for that as well. Really starting to not do well. Single mom just moved full time career - 2 kids in college paying everything myself while also taking care of an 8 yr old. I get no help or support from the father. I'm not sure where to start.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  PatriciaRN replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like you are looking for some comprehensive psychiatric care and treatment for yourself.

Here is a link that may be helpful:

Another thing you may want to try is to contact one of the large university or teaching hospitals in Ohio to get a referral.

Here is a link that covers some of this:

Many psychiatrists will do both therapy and prescribe medications, but you do not want to see a psychopharmacologist only because usually they will only prescribe the meds. If you do decide to see someone of that specialty, you may then need to search out a therapist who can do the ongoing therapy.

I hope this is helpful to you. Please feel free to ask a follow up question if you have one.