Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Blisters right above my clitoras

I have not had sex in over 8 years. Up until recently I have not had any hair on my genital area. Today I find where I have 1 large and 2 smaller blisters (in the same area) right above my clitoras (sp) I have an appointment with my GP on Wednesday, and I will be keeping my appointment, I just need to make sure even though it has been a number of years.
Thank you!!!
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Do these spots itch or burn or are painful??

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
they are very painful

Hi, and thanks for the reply

It is not unusual for you to have a genital herpes outbreak this far out. Some people will have an outbreak very soon after contracting the virus and some do not. If your Dr thinks you have herpes, they will most likely either go ahead and treat you for it with an antiviral such as Valtrex or will draw blood to see if you have antibodies against the virus. You could either test positive for HSV1(oral) or HSV2(genital) as we see both in both places.

Hope you feel better soon.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Now I am not sure if I am only saying this because of your answer or because I am saying it because it is true. I found the blisters because I was itching. I have RA and I am on azithromycin because of RA lung and recently I have noticed I have a sore throat and a film in my mouth. I am not saying having genital herpes might not be the answer. But is possible for a yeast infection to have the same symptoms? After you answer this I will leave you a lone. Thank you so much for answering my question so fast.

Hi there and thanks for replying

A Yeast infection would not cause blisters like you have described. A yeast infection would cause vaginal discharge (clumpy type discharge) and itching in and around the vagina.

The film in your mouth is most likely caused by your antibiotics...oral thrush or overgrowth of yeast in the mouth because of the antibiotic usage. Your Dr can give you something for that.

Reply back if needed

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

either way the blisters will come up postive for herpes then, there is no chance it could be an ingrown hair with the 3 blisters.

Are the blisters on your Mons Pubis (where the hair grows) or on the clitoris?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
where the hair grows...and I am sorry I am causing you to answer me so many times...I don't have a lot of money but I can afford to give the site some more money

It's no problem about the answers. I would rather you be clear and satisfied with your answer before you accept. And remember, you have only given $14 so far and they will hold your deposit until you click accept. If you don't click accept, they will hold your deposit. Just wanted to make sure you knew how the system worked. Once you click accept, you will only be charged the one time $14 fee as long as you only click one time.

Back to the question, an ingrown hair would look more like a pimple...pus filled not like a blister...not typically anyway. So, yes, there is a chance it is ingrown hairs, but with the pain you are describing, and the fact that they are 'blisters' makes it sound more like a herpes outbreak.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

After thinking about things, I have to say that with my health being as it is, it would not surprise me if it is a pimple/ or herpes..... The reason, the last time I had sex was 8 years ago and it was with my husband, and yes I do believe that he has been faithful! But that does not mean that it might not be herpes, I will wait until Wednesday! The last time I was with anyone was in 1996, and it was protected sex...With my health being as it is nothing would surprise me. I will make sure my hands are clean at all times and I will make sure I don't touch myself or make sure I don't touch my eyes or mouth. Thank you for all your help! I just can not believe my luck, if I had not itched down there I would not have known I had something down there.

Wilhelmina Barnette

[email protected]

Let's just hope it is ingrown hairs. I wish you luck at your appointment. Your email was x'd out for privacy reasons, but after your appt, you can still update me with replying back to this question or just post a new one.

Good luck!