Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)

Within the last hour I have suddenly developed golf-ball like

Within the last hour I have suddenly developed golf-ball like swelling under my chin just inside the jaw bone. I applied a little pressure to them and it seems they have gone down somewhat, but the area still seems inflamed and and stiff. Any thoughts?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any diseases?
Do you have fever?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have type two diabetes, treated with metformin. I haven't taken the evening does yet. And, high blood pressure which is well-controlled my meds. No fever.
Swelling developing in an hour is likely to be allergic in nature but an element of infection can not be ruled out. If it disappears or considerably improves in short time then it is very likely to be allergic in nature. It could be due to an insect bite as well. An examintion by a doctor will be helpful. If it does not show signs of improvement in a few hours, you should visit a doctor. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.