Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

I have small white worm like things that come out of my nose.

I have small white worm like things that come out of my nose. They are all alike with an obvious head and some even with a small black dot looking like an eye. I know it is not mucus because to prove it, I have taken them and put it under water but it doesn't break down or wash away. I believe they are parasites. I even sometimes occasionally feel a strange sensation like movement and then a bad smell. This is scary and disturbing. How do I get rid of these creatures? THank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nomi replied 7 years ago.
Though it is a very rare case but still it can happen that you get Maggots in your nose.This condition is called Myiasis.Probably you are not wrong the creature you discovered was a larva that is growing in your nasal cavity.Better to meet your ENT doctor and go for a nasal endoscopy .Though this condition is self limiting and somtimes the parasites disappaer after 2 weeks of their life cycle.However better to get checked.Plz meanwhile do nasal douching with saline water three times a day.
Best Regards,