Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

Sometimes the left side of my chest hurts....feels like my

Sometimes the left side of my chest hurts....feels like my heart
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

Dear sheila,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

What is the exact location of the pain?

any associated fever, difficulty in breathing?

do u take any drug?

did you consult a doctor yet?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Location is left boob feels like my heart. When I put my finger on it I can feel my heart beat, sometimes if feels by the rib below my breast. No fever or difficulty breathing. Yes I consulted a heart doctor, he don't think it's my heart. I'm taking xanax.

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

Dear sheila,

Thank you for the information,

There are some common causes of such pain on the left side.The common ones are breast abscess, mastitis, costochondritis, pleurisy, pneumonia, unstable angina, myocardial iscahemia, myocarditis, etc.

As you told that you have consulted a heart doctor and who has ruled out any cardiac cause so you should now rule out the other causes.

The mastitis of the breast tissue may also cause such pain in that region.

The other possibility can be the costochondritis which can also cause such pain in that region.The inflammation of the cartilage is associated with this condition.

You should have the relevant investigations done like blood counts, chest x-ray, exercise treadmill test, endoscopy if the symptoms are not controlled to rule out other causes.

The anti-inflammatory drugs like motrin, advil, diclofenac, nimulid, etc. will help you in the control of pain and inflammation.The antibiotics like amoxycillin, ofloxacin is needed to control the infectious cause.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So do you think it is something I should worry about? I am not breastfeeding or anything like that. I had the treadmill test and it came out fine. What does blood counts tell me?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

Dear sheila,

Thank you for the information,

The cardiac cause is almost unlikley to be the cause of the pain and you should NOT worry about it.

The blood counts will tell you about the infection or inflammatory process if any going in the body like in breast, lungs, etc.

The costochondritis may also cause such pain in the ribs and cartilage and is not a very serious condition to worry bout.The analgesic drugs like motrin, advil will help in the control of pain and inflammation.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So when I go to my doctor I tell them I want a blood count test or what do they call it? I also forgot to tell you I have SVT but I don't think that has anything to do with it.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 5 years ago.

Dear sheila,

thank you for the enquiry,

The blood counts means total white blood cell counts, differential leucocytes counts, and red blood cell counts.

The SVT may cause angina pain along with symptoms of anxiety, tachycardia and the palpitation associated with it.

Please visit here for more information

symptoms of SVT

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you

Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience: M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank u