Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

for what infection are Cefixime Dispersible Tablets , and

for what infection are Cefixime Dispersible Tablets , and what causes this infaction?

Cefixime is a cephalosporin-type antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections, such as respiratory tract infections, middle ear infections, skin infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia; bronchitis; gonorrhea; and ear, lung, throat, and tonsillitis.

An infection is the detrimental colonization of a host organism by a foreign species. In an infection, the infecting organism seeks to utilize the host's resources to multiply, usually at the expense of the host. This leads to infection. Antibiotics are prescribed to treat the bacterial infections.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The infection is on the uterus, and I wanted to know how this had happened. Can it have been caused by a sextoy? (the sextoy has never been used analy or by any other woman than myself). Can it have been caused by casual sex?
Yes,sex toy is a very common mode of causing infection. You should take extra care to ensure that your sex toy is clean before using it, in order to avoid an infection which could be passed on to you. Glass dildos are non-porous and can be sterilized to help prevent infection with reuse. Inspite of utmost care to prevent infection, still the infection can happen through the sex toys. I advie you to take the antibiotic as prescribed by your doctor.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Part of my question was: Can it be caused via unprotected casual sex?

Yes.yes this infection can also be due to unprotected sex also. When condoms are not used,infection can easily travel inside vagina & reach upto uterus to cause the infection.. If the infection isn't treated, the bacteria may get up into the fallopian tubes and cause more serious infections.It is treatable with antibiotics prescribed by a health care provider.