Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis

i keep feeling light headed and dizzy on and off just for a

i keep feeling light headed and dizzy on and off just for a few days at a time over the last six months. i've always been irritable, pale etc if i don't eat regularly and wondered wether it could be connected? the last time it happened i was at the gym sat down at a weight machine and thought i was going to faint.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 7 years ago.
Hi deborah,Welcome to just answer.

There are multiple causes for dizziness and it is not very easy to single out a specific cause without examing the patient. But I will offer as much as possible.

In females dizziness is common in anemia, low blood pressure, depression , anxiety / stress. Other causes are inner ear problems, cerebellar disorders, hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, vitamin B12 deficiency, electrolyte imbalance, dehydration ; to name theimportant ones.

To feel better and avoid feeling dizzy:
  • Get plenty to drink, have regular meals, and get plenty of rest.

• Standing up more slowly may help dizziness associated with position changes.
Since you have mentioned that you have a crving for sugary foods, you should check the blood sugar level to rule out low blood sugar.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.