Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

i have a stinging or burning sensation in my penis that comes

i have a stinging or burning sensation in my penis that comes and goes through out the day. It also stings when i ejaculate. what could this be? no signs of an STD.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Hello

Out of curiosity, have you been formally tested for STD's since this started?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have not been tested yet. there is no discharge, no pain during urination. just a little red around the opening of the urethra at times mainly after masterbation.

Ok, thanks for the reply

You may have a form of Urethritis. Urethritis (the structure that urine and semen flow through) is an inflammation caused by things like spermacides, STD's, E. Coli (same bacteria responsible for causing urinary tract infections), and yes, some STD's can cause urethritis. Also things like genital herpes and cytomegalovirus.

If you start having any burning while urinating, or discharge from your penis, or if your symptoms do not improve within 3-4 more days (that you are complaining of now), you will need to see your Dr for a STD check and also to check for UTI.

********************

PLEASE NOTE: The $$$ that you have put down as a deposit will not go to me until you click "ACCEPT" after reading your answer. Otherwise, it will be held by JustAnswer.com and I will not receive credit for my time and efforts.

Please ask for clarification if needed.

Needed to mention also that if you get tested and everything is clear, you might have a condition called Pudendal Neuropathy. It has many causes and can cause symptoms like burning, pins and needles, hypersensitivity, and even a twisting type pain.

You can read more about the causes here.