Ask Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired You...
Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired
Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired, Nurse
Experience:  I have been in nursing since 1983, I have worked all fields of practice, including home health.
19331547

Hi, I have had swollen ankles, feet, and legs, as well as

I have had swollen ankles, feet, and legs, as well as a very fast heart rate. (115-125 at rest and 130-145 when walking). I've also had some chest tightening and trouble breathing, although I do have asthma. I take Singulair. This has been going on for a few weeks now. I've also had sort of a "cloudy" head and a headache, also I've been dizzy when standing or looking up. I get a tingling feeling in my hands and feet, also. I'm tired all of the time with no energy at all. I also have very low blood pressure. The other day it was 94/54.
I went to the hospital last week, and they admitted me and did a bunch of tests. They said that my heart was fine, but my protein level was really low and my SED level was elevated (140). I don't know what these things mean, but I do know that I can feel my heart racing in my chest as I type this.
I'm a little scared by all of this. Do I have a reason to be scared?? Please help!!
I am a 47 year old mother of 4 children.
Thank you,
Category: Health
Expert:  Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired replied 7 years ago.
Ok, let not get to worried just yet. RA is a difficult thing to deal with but there are many new treatments. Once the test results are in make them explain them to you.would you like a deffinition to least diseases?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I haven't been dx. with RA, in fact the RA test came back negative. The rheumatologist is looking back into it because the SED level was so high. I don't know what's wrong, but something is!!
well this is good no RA.Sed rate is ofteninconclusive and is not considered specific for any particular disorder.It is most often used as a gauge for dtererming the progress of an inflammatory procress such a rhuematic fever , rhuemodtoid arthitis, and respiratory infections. You have Asthma.
I am very concerned about your fluid over load. Swelling. and your headaches and dizzy spells and low blood pressure. You should have a family memeber take you to the E.R.
Heart attacks can occur at ages of 43 believe me I am a survivor. Go back to the hosopital and get checked out again.