Mel.
Mel., Nurse
Experience:  Qualified in 1977,have extensive coronary care & general experience,plus stress related conditions.
11403612

Have had numbness in feet after extensive spinal surgery last

Have had numbness in feet after extensive spinal surgery last Dec. but now I am experiencing numbness up to my calf. Does this require the care of a neurologist? How can I regain the normal feeling in my legs?
Category: Health
Expert:  Mel. replied 7 years ago.

Hello Joan,

Welcome to Just Answer.

You have probably either got an impinged nerve in the spine, or inflammation of a nerve.

This is not uncommon following spinal surgery, but seven momths on does seem a long time to still be suffering.

You would need a neurologist. He will perform tests and scans to establish a definite diagnosis and then give you appropriate treatment.

Please don't carry on suffering like this because they will be able to help you.

I do hope you get it sorted out soon so that you can return to a normal life again.

With my very best wishes

Mel.