Karen RN, BSN
Karen RN, BSN, Nurse
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in Med Surg nursing, Oncology, Neurology, Home health and Hospice

I have constantly been coughing for two months now.Used all

Customer Question

I have constantly been coughing for two months now.Used all medication and anti biotics given by medical practitioner.And have visited them more than thries.Have been admited at a medical clinic for week done therapy as well.receved surgery for sinutis.Clean my nasal with salt water everyday but coughing still persist.I do not know what to do anymore .I have used all the types of medication given by the different pdoctors.What would you advice me to do.I am an athlete but due to this coughing i have stoped running .Can i start training and running half marathon again under this condition ,will i not worsen the coughing?
Category: Health
Expert:  Karen RN, BSN replied 7 years ago.

Hi Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I need more information. When you have this cough what does it shoud like--a hacking cough in your throat? a deep cough from lower in the lungs? Do you produce sputum? If so what color? Do you have pain in your chest wall when you caugh? Do you have any swelling in your legs? Have you been tested for allergies? Do you have pets in your home? If so for how long?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hacking in the throat.sometimes it produces green like and also white sputum.Ther is no pain in the chest.No swelling.No allergies.Only a dog for two years.

Hi, Thank You for your quick reply. I have a few more questions for you.

Have you noticed anything that precedes the cough like cold weather, followin eating certain foods, when getting up in the morning Do you have a tickle in the back of your throat? Does it get worse with exercise or heavy work? Karen

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No i always keep not a factor,no ickle in the thoat,have not exercised since it started.does not do heavy work

Hi, I'm not sure what MD you have been seeing. I think you need to make an appointment with someone who specialized in EAR, NOSE and THROAT. It sounds like you have an allergy. Many time a person is unaware that they are dealing with an allergy, it seems we are drawn to like the things that are harmful to our system. Allergies do not have to come from something that has recently been added to our system. You should have some allergy testing and possibly a CAT scan of the neck and chest.

If you have been helped by my answer please indicte so by selecting the green ACCEPT button..

I would also like feedback as to how I did and how you do. Karen